NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION – CHANGE
This week’s quick-read post, inspired by the new year, it is simply about ‘Change’. There is no use reading about HOW to up your style game if you don’t actually DO it. Knowledge is only the potential of results.
“An educated man is not one who knows a lot. An educated man is one who ACTS on what he knows” (this is from a really good self-development book that I can’t remember the name of).
Follow our 10 tips and change the way you look and feel for the better. Feel free to post your comments and add your own tips on positive change. Here goes. No looking back now!
- Join the Gym – And stick to it. Clothes will ALWAYS look better with a fitter body. No extremities though. We don’t want you ending up looking this. Get a yearly plan worked out with a fitness instructor.
- Try out a new piece of clothing – You never know, it may look good! That could be a colour, an accessory or a particular style. We grow by making mistakes and learning from them. Let’s not be drones!
- Ask – If someone has something on that you like, ASK them where they got it from. You’ll be surprised how many times people appreciate the compliment and will willingly tell you (though if they say abroad, they’re usually lying.)
- Join a Forum – and tell them what you want to know. It’s all about the wisdom of crowds, collective knowledge is strong, mighty mouse strong. There you can ask us where to get something or even how good or bad something looks.
- Try out a new store – Simply walk into a shop that you have never visited before. Again, it’s about stepping out of your comfort zone, but that’s the beauty of it. You never know what you may find in a new store. Sticking to the same old shops will keep you in line like sheep alongside everyone else. Be a leader not a follower!
- Look for colour combinations in advertising – Adverts are designed by graphic designers. Most of the time they have a great understanding of colours and the psychology behind them. Check out how certain colours work with each other on logos, billboards etc, and figure out if you can pull it off in an outfit.
- Don’t just wear black – Too many guys resort to wearing black all the time when they go out because the think it looks slick. But, if everyone in the club is wearing black it’s NOT slick! Next time you reach for the black shirt or top, think about what else you could wear. Add some colour and personality to your look.
- Visit a vintage store – For those of you who do, it’s a great thing. For a lot of people, it’s a place that reminds them of piss-smelling, second-hand clothes. But, contrary to popular belief, it’s a place filled with unique pieces. Even if you have a problem wearing used clothes, then at least pay a visit and pick up an accessory- something like a tie. It will never touch your body, you posh wannabes! Most also have a fantastic selection of eyewear that is far, far cooler than the identikit RayBan or Tom Ford sunglasses you see everywhere today.
- Give a piece of clothing you never wear to a charity store – We do it as often as we can. It may be those trainers that you feel you can wear one last time. Well it had its last time three years ago, it’s time to let go! There are loads of people out there that would benefit from what you never wear, so share.
- Spread the love – It would be greatly appreciated if you could spread the word about our blog. The more people we can help, the better it is for everyone. Our mission is to change the face of British men’s style, and it begins with you guys, help us out lads! You know you want to.
Change my people, change. No doubts please. Yes You Can!